Tuesday 20 March 2012

Review: RMK Liquid Foundation

Last week, while waiting for my takeout from Atari-ya, I made a quick trip to Selfridges. There I had to wait while three men fussed around cologne, only to pick up the Giorgio Armani Master Corrector, which is quite marvellous. After that I popped by RMK to check out the new 15th Anniversary Collection and try out their foundation.

I've been trying to find a nice (cheaper) alternative to Suqqu's Frame Fix Liquid Foundation, which I really really like but is prohibitively priced (£65 for 20ml). So I was hoping the RMK might be a good alternative. It is more reasonably priced at £33.

I was matched to 103 and was told this colour would also work for the Cream Foundation. First, the packaging -- it comes in a bottle with words like 'open me' all over it. I find it a bit odd, but to each her or his own. Strangely enough, there is no pump. Personally, for something as liquid as this foundation, I'd prefer a pump. A pump is also significantly more hygienic. I think it can be a little difficult to control how much comes out.



The foundation itself is very watery. It has a light texture, which is nice and is very spreadable. I have normal/combination skin and this glided over dry patches pretty well. While the colour looked to be very brown on my hand, on my face it applied well, melding almost perfectly with my skin, without an overt yellowish tone -- which I got from the Dior Diorskin Nude.

It's supposed to be waterproof but I didn't test this bit out. I don't usually find myself encountering large amounts of water during the day, though hopefully this means it's somewhat sweat-proof?

The foundation dries quite well. It's neither completely matte nor is it very dewy. I think it'd make a good foundation for humid summer months. However, the one thing about this foundation is that it does transfer colour, which I don't like. Even an hour after application, a slight touch to my face leaves a brown residue on my fingers. If you don't want your foundation getting on your clothes while taking them off, I'd suggest a quick wipe off of the foundation. I don't find that this foundation slips around a lot, and the wear is certainly better on top of a primer.

Overall, I'd say this is a good foundation for the summer, if you don't mind the packaging and if you're not looking for something too dewy.

You can find this at BeautyBay and Selfridges. It's probably a good idea to try it out at Selfridges if you can. Also, there are stores like bobodave that sell samples just so you can try it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment